Before you adopt an animal:
- Consult your veterinarian or animal welfare association in your area and if you are sure you can handle the responsibility, adopt a stray.
- Don’t deprive a stray animal’s chance to find a home by letting your pet reproduce uncontrollably.
- Sterilize your pets to protect them for illnesses and help them live longer.
- Pick up after your dogs when you take them for a walk.
And always remember:
- Poisoning, torture, abandonment or any kind of violence towards animals is a criminal offense. Report it to the police.
- Animals are not garbage!